There are so many blessings that have come from this new journey of breast cancer. One has been messages from loved ones. These are small, simple blessings -the very best kind in my honest opinion. One of my friends, Angie said that she's heard that cancer has been called the 'disease of love.' Her words have danced in my heart and mind for a couple days. Then this afternoon I realized that it would be a great title for a book and a blog. (Book in progress.) If I could I'd cross through the letters 'dis' so that it reveals the truth -the Ease of Love.
When I began researching cancer on the internet, I found many journal articles and blogs that promote the statistics and the challenges. But something interesting happened when I searched for "cancer is a blessing." There are stories and stories of God's love wrapped up in the experience of cancer. The world looks at life and death so very differently than God's beloved children.
In this blog, I'll try to boast in my weakness and reveal how God has been standing with me and my family. I hope to share the truth of the experience while walking in the blessings. I can't take a position of 'hating cancer' or 'kicking cancer's butt' or 'going to war with cancer.' The truth is that as our Lord's child I am loved a protected by him. There is no evil that can touch me or be within me -as a child of God. Evil does try but to no avail.
So the cancer cells are a part of me and I must embrace that which is. When we battle and hate that which God gives us -including allowing bad to happen we miss out on the reality of the situation. The reality is it's all for our good. God is in control. My responsibility is to love him and love others. Prior to being diagnosed the Lord touched my heart and said, "It's just cancer, Lara."
May you be blessed to walk with me on this journey towards eternity. It's all that matters in the end.
So blessed to be one of the many walking with you!
ReplyDeleteYOU bless me Dottie! Love you sister!
ReplyDelete